Monday 2 November 2015

ART & PARCEL NOVEMBER 2015

     Hurray! On the first week of every month feels like Christmas! I never know what's inside this little box of pleasures and wonders. One thing for sure it will bring 80% of material that I probably wouldn't buy. After art school we tend to stick to what we feel more comfortable,  know best and of course, cost/price wise. There isn't anything wrong with it but if you don't try new material how will you take your artwork to the next level. Good material has this power over your work.
    When I'm working with oils I'm inspired by their smell and feels like home to me.
    This month I got to 'discover' two new materials that I didn't know they existed: Brusho and Faber Castell Gelato. The materials I never bought are  in bold in the list of materials below.
   I've mentioned before how price influences me to buy or not to buy. This box is so cheap! It's worth it.



 

   This month the materials were:
- Derwent Waterbrush
- Brusho
Fabriano Watercolour Pad (featuring the winning cover artwork by Sammie Burstow. Congrats)
- Faber Castell Gelato
- Magic Watercolour Sponge Eraser
- Frish Mashing Fineliner


  My husband won the caramel... it's not vegan, only reason.. haha

   On the leaflet above, H. Blyth & Co informs about the material, price and how to use it.
   I followed the instructions:
-on the left side I use the Faber Castell Gelato (colour Cotton Candy). Consistency wise I thought it would feel like an oil pastel but it's softer more like a lipstick, rich colour. They suggested  to use it dry (above) or blended with water (below). The pigment is so rich that the colour didn't fade way when mixed with water.
-on the right side I use the Brusho (colour Sunburst Lemon). It's a powder. They suggested to add water (above) and to sprinkle loose (which I over did it) over a wet surface. What a beautiful yellow. Amazing.



For more info about Art & Parcel check www.hblythco.com

No comments: