Tuesday 24 November 2015

YESTERDAY POST MAIL...#SCRAWLRBOX

   Yesterday I've received my first Scrawl Box!!! Hurray!!!


   The first thing that caught my eyes was the beautiful postcard art by Vexx. You can check him out at www.vexx-art.com


 This month theme is: Fire
 Another card with Fireball samples to test the colour markers. Smaller ones to try out several combinations and a larger one for the final product.


   Month challenge is Fireball.


   Now the piece of resistance...
   Chameleon Pens... How cool!!!
   They have a mixing chamber, where you let the  BrushNib touch the nib with toning medium for 15 seconds. It makes the ink change tone and go lighter so you can blend smoothly.  Working from light to dark!




   The information provided by the above card says that the Chameleon Color tones pen are a special refillable alcohol based double ended marker that can be used as a standard marker or to create stunning colour gradients and blends. The work of several pens in just one!
   They have a high quality super soft Japanese brush nib, a bullet nib and the special mixing chamber. The mixing chamber is used to fuse either of the nibs with blending solution to create stunning effects such as blending, gradations, highlighting, shading or even 3D. They are a low odour, non toxic pen that is permanent on most surfaces.
   There colours are Crimson Red RD4, Summer Sun YL2 and Bisque NU1.
   The detail pen is a double-ended detail fineline pen with two fine nibs (0.6mm and 0.4mm) containing black pigment-based ink that is permanent when dry and compatible with alcohol-based inks. Whatever you draw will not smear when combined with Chameleon Color Tones.
 


   My first go at this type of markers!  
   I've chosen  Poison Ivy played by Uma Thurman.
   I could have made more of a mess so I'm happy with it. Blending was a bit hard since I've never tried blending with markers before. Lack of practice which will be fixed soon!



I really enjoyed my Chameleon Pens and  I have my eye on the 22 pens set!
Thank you Scrawlr Box for the lovely and rich colours!!!

To subscribe to Scrawlr Box at scrawlrbox.uk

For more info about Chameleon Pens check: www.chameleonpens.com
or to buy them in the UK check http://shopuk.chameleonpens.com/color-tones/

For more info about the postcard artist Vexx check: www.vexx-art.com


No comments: