Monday 21 May 2018

DAY 45 TILL DAY 48 OF THE 100 DAY PROJECT

Madeiran/Portuguese foods... still have another 20 plus dishes/foods to go back to my vegan food.



Day 45: Tartelete de morango. Strawberry tartlet with whipped cream inside...hummm!
Day 46: Bacalhau a Gomes de Sa. Bacalhau means Cod fish. This is a dish that I normally ate at Christmas Eve or birthday dinner parties with family.
Day 47: Milho cozido. Cook polenta. This dish can be eating like this and is also the base for the fried polenta. We cook the polenta pour it in a soup plate. Let it cool down. Put it in a fridge for a day or two. Then take it out. Cut it in to squares then fry the polenta. When I was a kid my grandmother (from my mother side) used to pour milk with sugar on top of the freshly cooked polenta. Never enjoyed it. No amount of sugar would change my mind. I only enjoyed when fried and in restaurants.
Day 48: Croissant misto. It's a croissant cut in the middle like bread with butter and a slice of cheese and a slice of ham. Yummy! (except the ham...never enjoyed the taste of it....)




The materials used were: Winsor and Newton Watercolours
                                          Sakura Pigma Micron 005
                                          Canson Art Book One



To learn more about this project check the following link: https://www.the100dayproject.org/


No comments: