Friday 5 April 2013

TOP STORY "WORDS FOR WELLBEING"


I just choose my top story from “Words for Wellbeing” on the 4th of April. From all of them this one it’s the best.
It’s  a pretend character, so it doesn’t exist… The exercise was based on a blue piece of cloth… and we had 10 minutes to write it.

Without delays hope you like it…. I still can’t believe this came out of my brain… :P


My name is Penelope and I’m in love with dance. Love to dance all the time. This is the 40s. The war just finished and everyone it’s parting until there’s no tomorrow. I just got myself this beautiful blue dress that shines so much, can’t wait to try it on and show my friends and yes that special person that I’m seeing later in the ball. As I was walking down the street where I got this dress, I see my friends in a coffee. They look so happy, talking about something they just heard about it, some scandal I’m sure of it. How done what this time… I run inside to meet them. I was right they were talking about something new. My friend Sarah just got engaged, what a big ring… Will that happen to me one day I wonder?  After they settled down more, I’ve showed them the dress… They can’t wait to see me with it. After a few minutes of mindless conversation I head home…
Made myself  a cup of coffee, what a wonderful thing. Happy that the war is over and we can have all the luxuries we used to have before it started. Listening to music and relaxing a bit… I finally tried the blue dress, it matches his eyes…
I look at myself in the mirror… What a sight, it is gorgeous… It flutes with every move that I make…It feels like I don’t have anything on… Oh gosh, I’m blushing…
It’s 6 pm, it’s nearly time to go dancing… I hear the door bell… It’s my friends…
Ready to go party…



I choose the dance because of my grandmother that loved salon dances and the 2nd World War because of my son, he loves the machinery that came out of it.

Again sorry for any mistakes
Hope you like it…

No comments: