Friday 19 April 2013

"WORDS OF WELLBEING"...


The best exercise of yesterday’s class... It was about reflective writing and this one in particular to put yourself in someone else’s shoes (point of view) and write the text like you were the other person... So I wrote about Thomas and how he sees me every school’s morning...


 I hear the door slamming my mother is back from her bath. I hope she doesn’t call me to wake me up... Please forget that I have school today. I close my eyes really tight. “Thomas get up”, I hear her saying. Pretending that I just woke up I answer her “Hummm....What....hummm...I will”. I let myself still, maybe she’ll forget it... Let me be a little more in bed, “Thomas it’s ten past 7 and you still need to get dress”...Oh. I felt asleep.... I don’t want to go to school. I like school but it’s the waking up, getting ready, eat the breakfast, walking to school it is boring.

She went down to make my breakfast, better her than my father. He burns everything. I put one sock in one foot very slowly... Maybe time will stop and I don’t have to go to school.... 10 minutes after, I’m dressed, just the boots needs to be done and tack my shirt on my pants.... I drag myself out of the bedroom, slowly get down the stairs and walk into the dinner room...I look at my mother, she is upset. I don’t like to see her upset, but I really don’t want to go to school....the all process is boring.

My food it’s always the first to be ready. My mother makes sure of it. But I eat little bit, by little bit.... If I’m late maybe I don’t have to go. Going to school is boring, the other kids are loud and annoying...I don’t identify myself with them. Although between you and me I like to talk to Matteo, he’s a foreigner like me and I found out other boys and girls how like to play Minecraft.

Everyone finished eating except for me, my mother is upset.



My son agrees with what I wrote except for the part of Time stopping, he never wishes it. He loves school and the English system (completely different from Portugal) and I was told that he doesn’t need to take part in special preparation (he started school late and come from a different country) because he is very bright...

Thank you (myself) for thinking that education is necessary and fundamental for your son....

No comments: